Distribute Your Brand Assets With Ease
Paid Discovery connects your brand with targeted StumbleUpon users as they Stumble over 1 billion pages each month.
- 1Submit your URL via Paid Discovery.
- 2Select Targeting to meet your demographic & interest needs.
- 3New Audiences reached who are seeking new, interesting content.
- 4Engaging Content highlighted directly & frequently.
What You Get
Don’t rely on ads or links. Skip a step and drive your target audience directly to your URL (website, video, landing page).
Position your site with relevant content as part of a stream of sites grouped by interests. Your site will be placed among the best of the web, in the categories you select.
Pay per unique visitor
Pay only for engaged, unique visitors on a budget that you control. No minimum spend and no bidding required.
StumbleUpon refers more social media than Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, and Digg combined*, rivaling Facebook!
*StatCounter, July 2011
Mint.com wanted to show potential users of their service how their site could be relevant and useful for people from many different demographics and with different financial needs, all while meeting precise cost per acquisition goals.
In addition to targeting the Financial Planning category and both genders, they honed in on Self Improvement, University/College, and Internet Tools categories and split their demographic targeting into male and female. They even promoted their "Wedding Budget Checklist" page in the Weddings category.
- 180,000 average monthly visits to their site come from StumbleUpon
(Only 44% are paid)
- Strong increase in new users who were women ages 18-25
- "The most cost-effective form of advertising that we have used, including pay-per-click advertising on a popular social networking site."
- Stew Languille, VP of Marketing, Mint.com
- 20% additional traffic from shared Paid Stumbles
Wisconsin Milk Board
The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board and its agency Shine Advertising were looking for ways to assert Wisconsin's leadership in the world of cheese, and make an everyday product exciting again.
Instead of relying on traditional print, the Wisconsin Board created a rich-media microsite: GrilledCheeseAcademy.com, complete with mouthwatering photos and recipes for 30 different kinds of sandwiches. They then turned to StumbleUpon Paid Discovery for help finding the right audience and making their campaign go viral. Targeting users with an interest in Food and Cooking, StumbleUpon placed GrilledCheeseAcademy.com into the "Stumble" stream.
- Over half the total traffic to the site in a 2 month span came from StumbleUpon
- 8,800+ hours of brand engagement (that's more than a 30 second TV Prime Time slot on the Food Network!)
- 60% additional traffic from shared Paid Stumbles
- StumbleUpon Paid Discovery made up less than 10% of the Board's total marketing budget