Warning: This article contains images with nudity. Viewer discretion is advised. It's a hard thing to do, compiling a list of the greatest visual artists the year has thrown at us. For one thing there's the sheer volume of practising artists out ther...
The following poem was written by Joseph Brodsky while in internal exile in Norenskaia, in the Arkhangelsk region of northern Russia. In the Soviet Union, New Year's celebrations came to be seen as a substitute for Christmas. This translation was fo...
1. Never compare your weaknesses to other people's strengths.
2. Own your life, or someone will own it for you.
3. We cannot change the cards we are dealt,just how we play the hand.
4. Climb mountains not so the world can see you but so you can s...
I saw this online in dozens of places. It's labeled A pet's 10 commandments, but it seems to me the commandments are for us, the pet parents. Over at Pets Health, Stan Rawlinson Dip MTCBPT, PAACT is noted as the author of this much shared wisdom. I'l...
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and...
They've caught your eye, for sure, and you kind of like the way they dress and move. You're just not sure if you like them to the point of asking them out. Want to find out? Follow these steps to know if you really like someone enough to...
When you find a man
Every part of you
Who makes each one of your hairs
Into a poem,
When you find a man,
As I am
Of bathing and adorning you
I will beg you