This cover of "Stand by me" was recorded by street musicians all other the world. It all started with a base track-vocals and guitar, recorded on the streets of Santa Monica, Calif., by street musician Roger Ridley. The base track was then sent to New Orleans, Louisiana, where Grandpa Elliott, a blind man (the singer from the French Quarter) has added his voice and harp to Ridley's performance while listening to a recorded track through headphone. In the same city were added to the sounds of Chaz' washboard. The recording was going on and on in the different places all over the world.
That is truly amazing!
Excellent tool for Win7 taskbar tweaking
And yeah, it's a Serval, not leopard ;)
A photo series, made as a tribute to old photos. See all here.
A page of video reviews by one of the best game critics out there, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, a dr. House of videogame journalism.
1. Why would I want to make someone like me more if he already dislike me? Chances are I also dislike him so f#ck him and his pencil. Besides, if that person would like me more just because of lending me a trivial thing, it wasn't a real dislike in the first place.
2. No, not really. Unconsciously mimicking gestures and/or pose of a person, you're talking to does necessary means interest in a conversation, but also can indicate a desire to "blend in" into the group. Moreover, even when a person is interested, it's not necessary a complete "monkey sees, monkey does" mimic, but rather general similarity of both person's posture, gesture style and relaxation level. So, getting a "yes/no" type of answer from wherever someone follow you in folds his arms is not practically possible.
3. Another "excellent" advice. Yes, laughing in the middle of an argument, especially if the laughter is aimed at your opponent or his arguments, is a sure way to enrage him. But this would, by no means, help you to win an argument, only to turn in into a quarrel or even a brawl. And never, ever, do this while arguing with your significant other, it's a sure way to get dumped. Remember, no one likes to be laughed at, especially during an already heated mental state, argument often causes.
4. While this is right, it's not particularly hard to find to be considered a "hack". And, as some versions of youtube player(for example html5 one) doesn't have that feature, I think I shold recommend the following method(via workbench.cadenhead.org): by simply adding "#t=XXmYYs"(without quotes) to the youtube video link, you can make the link to start playback at exactly XX minutes YY seconds into the video. So, if you have a link like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIrPL4IhZ0, resulting link would look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIrPL4IhZ0#t=01m08s, with playback starting at 01 min 08 secs.
5. Seriously? Spaced out in the shower so much you can't remember if you washed your hair? In that case, you probably have more serious problems in your life than an unwashed hair.
6. Lemon juice would probably do the trick. As well as a helluva lot of special anti-freckle creams, lotions and ointments, easily available for anyone interested. But if you ask me, freckles make girls cute and attractive, so leave them as they are.
7. Yes, this method(also known as the "wall follower" algorithm), is a working one but only for some types of mazes. If a maze is not simply connected (i.e. if the start or endpoints are in the center of the structure or the pathways cross over and under each other), this method will not be guaranteed to help the goal to be reached.
8. I agree with this one, but it would hardly help a person if he already developed a habit of excessive shopping.
9. In other words, "keep your things where they should be". Sure another great "hack".
10. Or just stop worrying so much about being a little late. It's not a big deal, really.
From the page: "When film director Mamoru Oshii was looking for a model of the city of the future for his seminal 1995 animated film adaptation of Ghost in the Shell (based on the manga by Masamune Shirow), he turned to the cityscape of Hong Kong for his inspiration".
The equation of awesomeness!
How To Tell If Somebody Loves You
Jul. 5, 2011
By Ryan O'Connell info
Somebody loves you if they pick an eyelash off of your face or wet a napkin and apply it to your dirty skin. You didnât ask for these things, but this person went ahead and did it anyway. They donât want to see you looking like a fool with eyelashes and crumbs on your face. They notice these things. They really look at you and are the first to notice if something is amiss with your beautiful visage!
Somebody loves you if they assume the role of caretaker when youâre sick. Unsure if someone really gives a shit about you? Fake a case of food poisoning and text them being like, âoeoh my god, so sick. need water.â Depending on their response, youâll know whether or not they REALLY love you. âoeThatâs terrible. Feel better!â earns you a stay in friendship jail; âoeDo you need anything? I can come over and bring you get well remedies!â gets you a cozy friendship suite. Itâs easy to care about someone when they donât need you. Itâs easy to love them when theyâre healthy and donât ask you for anything beyond change for the parking meter. Being sick is different. Being sick means asking someone to hold your hair back when you vomit. Either love me with vomit in my hair or donât love me at all.
Somebody loves you if they call you out on your bullshit. Theyâre not passive, they donât just let you get away with murder. They know you well enough and care about you enough to ask you to chill out, to bust your balls, to tell you to stop. They arenât passive observers in your life, they are in the trenches. They have an opinion about your decisions and the things you say and do. They want to be a part of it; they want to be a part of you.
Somebody loves you if they don't mind the quiet. They don't mind running errands with you or cleaning your apartment while blasting some annoying music. There's no pressure, no need to fill the silences. You know how with some of your friends there needs to be some sort of activity for you to hang out? You don't feel comfortable just shooting the shit and watching bad reality TV with them. You need something that will keep the both of you busy to ensure there won't be a void. That's not love. That's "hey babe! i like you okay. do you wanna grab lunch? i think we have enough to talk about to fill two hours!" It's a damn dream when you find someone you can do nothing with. Whether you're skydiving together or sitting at home and doing different things, it's always comfortable. That is fucking love.
Somebody loves you if they want you to be happy, even if that involves something that doesn't benefit them. They realize the things you need to do in order to be content and come to terms with the fact that it might not include them. Never underestimate the gift of understanding. When there are so many people who are selfish and equate relationships as something that only must make them happy, having someone around who can take their needs out of any given situation if they need to.
Somebody loves you if they can order you food without having to be told what you want. Somebody loves you if they rub your back at any given moment. Somebody loves you if they give you oral sex without expecting anything back. Somebody loves you if they don't care about your job or how much money you make. It's a relationship where no one is selling something to the other. No one is the prostitute. Somebody loves you if they'll watch a movie starring Kate Hudson because you really really want to see it. Somebody loves you if they're able to create their own separate world with you, away from the internet and your job and family and friends. Just you and them.
Somebody will always love you. If you don't think this is true, then you're not paying close enough attention.