StumbleUpon Stumble, Tweet and Travel Sweepstakes
Sponsored by StumbleUpon (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry deadline is June 26th, 11:59 PM PST, 2012. Sweepstakes begins on June 18th, 9:00 AM PST and ends on June 26th, 11:59 PM PST.
1. Eligibility: The StumbleUpon Stumble, Tweet and Travel Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States, eighteen (18) or older, as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account, is a registered user of StumbleUpon and Internet access as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes period. Entrants over the age of 13 and under the age of 18 must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to participate. Under 13 may not enter. Employees of Sponsors and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsors through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Sweepstakes period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. To Enter: You may enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways:
To enter online:
a. Send a “tweet” via a valid account on http://www.twitter.com, time stamped between June 18th, 9:00AM PST and June 26th, 11:59PM PST. The “tweet” must contain:
i. A link to a web page indexed on StumbleUpon found by “Stumbling”
ii. The hashtag phrases “#stumble2travel” and “#sweepstakes”
iii. A link to the Sweepstakes page at http://www.stumbleupon.com/blog/stumbleupon-stumble-tweet-and-travel-sweepstakes/
iv. The Twitter handles for @StumbleUpon (the Sponsor) and @LonelyPlanet
b. Follow @StumbleUpon and @LonelyPlanet on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/stumbleupon and http://www.twitter.com/lonelyplanet by June 26th, 11:59PM PST.
To enter by mail:
a. To enter by mail without obligation, hand write your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and the URL for a travel website on a 4”x6” card and mail to: The StumbleUpon’s Stumble, Tweet and Travel Sweepstakes, 301 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94109. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 26th, 2012 and be received by July 3rd, 2012.
No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
Only one entry per person, household and/or e-mail address is permitted, regardless of method of entry. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified.
3. Prize Drawing: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around July 6th, 2012 at the StumbleUpon offices, 301 Brannan St., San Francisco, CA 94107 The drawing will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses the winner, from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding. The Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Runner-up Winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received.
Winners will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address associated with their StumbleUpon account.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded from the Sweepstakes are as follows:
a. One (1) First Place Prize: Airline voucher with a retail value of approximately $300 (US) and Lonely Planet guide books with a retail value of approximately $100 (US) per winner.
b. One (1) Second Place Prize: Tumi luggage voucher with a retail value of approximately $150 (US) and Lonely Planet guide books with a retail value of approximately $100 (US) per winner.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsors for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, and any travel documentation, travel eligibility or any other travel-related requirements, if any, that apply to prizes.
Total value of all prizes to be awarded: $650 (U.S.).
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within fourteen (14) business days of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is offered by StumbleUpon, 301 Brannan St, San Franciso, CA 94109, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
By entering the Sweepstakes, You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsors and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsors’ control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes are final.
In no event will Sponsors be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsors have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes and/or winning any prize, entrants consent to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrants (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsors’ newsletters, the Sweepstakes website at http://www.stumbleupon.com/blog/stumbleupon-stumble-tweet-and-travel-sweepstakes/ and Sponsors’ homepage at http://www.stumbleupon.com and or blog at http://www.stumbleupon.com/blog, without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes are compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. The Sweepstakes are subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws.
LAWSUITS: Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
8. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to StumbleUpon’s Stumble, Tweet and Travel Sweepstakes, StumbleUpon, 301 Brannan St., San Francisco, CA 94109 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to email@example.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and sweepstakes name specified in the body of the e-mail.
9. Sponsors Addresses: StumbleUpon, 301 Brannan St., San Francisco, CA 94109.