Makes about 3 cups
* 1 lb butter, salted or unsalted, room temperature
* 1 cup olive oil, extra light
1. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the butter on high speed until smooth and fluffy.
2. With mixer running, slowly pour in oil. Continue mixing on high speed until thoroughly combined.
3. You may need to scrape down the sides and mix again to get a totally smooth combination. The mixture should resemble cake batter: liquid, but thick and fluffy.
4. Spoon into some kind of sealable rigid container and refrigerate.
Shiny, and is smooth and spreadable right out of the fridge.