Another piece added to my SU campaign. Many thanks!
wish I Did That
Seems like a good idea but it has a terrible name. I almost moved on assuming it was a reciprocal link software.
"Link Building Pro" - A script for automatically inserting a source link with keyword rich anchor text to the clipboard if someone copies ANYTHING from your page. Good for SEO, and encourages people to list you as a source. Discovered from the SEO tag on stumbleupon.
Mentioned on my personal SEO blog as a useful tool (mdpatrick dot com).
Good script and great for the amateurs trying to steal content from your site. Unfortunately it doesn't stop the pro's who would simply copy and paste from the source code using Firebug or any other script reading add on.
If you figure out a way to get around this or make it harder, it will be a serious content anti-theft tool that would be purchased in droves.
Have you seen LinkBuildingPro from seox.org? It appends anchor text links back to you on anything copied from your site #seo #backlinks
"1)The link back to you can use a random keyword from your meta tags, or the title of the page. In other words, these links won't just give you pagerank, they give you credibility for your target keywords. (Focused anchor text is the single most important factor for high search engine rankings).
2) The link to the copied page will include a second link, aimed at your home page. This one can either use the Meta Author (giving kudos to your writers), or the domain name (ensuring that even if it's copied into a text-only format, the URL remains readable).
* Note: If the page being copied from is the home page, the second link will still exist, with both linking to the home page
3) The script will scan the rest of your page for links, and if any match the text that the user selected, it will inject the copied text with those links. In other words, a single text selection of a couple paragraphs could easily translate into several focused links. This happens under the following conditions:
* Only URLs from your domain will be linked.
* No single URL will be linked to more than once.
* No phrase will be linked with more than once.
* Phrases will match and link "UPPERCASE", "lowercase", "First letter", and "Title Case" variants of the link text.
* Phrases can be excluded, and by default "home", "link", and "click here" are.
* The text will match in reverse order, placing the links at the lowest point in the text selection possible."
More detail on the site.