Buo Lai En
Which is it, folks?
Are you deranged, demented or just mixing crack, meth and PCP again?
(Maybe *that's* what's in that "xx% addicted to StumbleUpon" syringe.)
I ask you this for a reason. Not only are you trying forcibly to "migrate" (dictionary check: not a transitive verb) us to the new, inane SU, but your technique for doing that seems to be to annoy us to death. Here's some of what we've been gradually running out of patience with in the past few weeks:
1) Daily logins. I'm not sure how many people suffer from this, but when I check "remember me" during a login, and I know I've accepted the necessary cookies to enable that, I actually expect the server to remember who I am the following day. Well, it doesn't. Ever.
2) Multiple logins. Today was interesting. It marked the first time I was forced to log in *three times* before I could get to my reviews page, and only after first being redirected to the old homepage, then to the new, and then once again to the old.
3) Auto-logout. Since I made the mistake of telling Garrett which browser I use, I have experienced being logged out in mid-session. That's right: Here I am, being a good little Stumbler and viewing and thumbing pages my friends have shared with me, and suddenly I see "Sign up to save your favorites" on the toolbar. Once again, apparently it's time to log in.
6) Multiple clicks to get anywhere. Very seldom can I reach any SU page by clicking a link to it once. It usually takes two to four clicks, and sometimes as many as nine. Clicking does make my throbber activate, as if I were actually going somewhere, and the status bar displays "Waiting for stumbleupon.com..." as if I were actually going somewhere. But nothing else ever happens until the magic number of clicks has been reached.
7) Double- (and triple-) posted messages. Clicking "Send message now" also very seldom works with one click. Consequently, I find myself sending two or three copies of most private messages, annoying both me and the recipient.
8) Spyware. SU keeps me logged in as long as I have an SU page open. But it also slows down everything else on my computer, which gradually worsens until the browser crashes. In particular, I find typing slowed to a crawl, and this makes me suspect that SU has planted a keystroke-recording script on my computer.
Please note that NONE of the above happens to me on any other site. This is just SU.
Therefore, I hope my friends here will understand when I say this: No later than 1 March (and possibly sooner, if conditions continue to worsen), I will depart StumbleUpon permanently. I've had fun here, and learned, and made many online friends, and I will miss them; but I can't go on tolerating all of this litany of malfunctions, especially when I think they're at least partly intentional.
I will now devote my online time to working on my own site (moralintelligence.net), and I may see some of you there when it's formally open (around mid-March). If you enjoy my reviews, you can find my writing there, where *I*, and not some faceless lucre addict, can decide what I post and how.