21 AND OVER SCREENING CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The “StumbleUpon 21 And Over Screening Contest” (the “Contest”) is a skill-based contest sponsored by StumbleUpon, Inc., (“Sponsor”), located at 301 Brannan St., 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107. NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Contest begins at 10:00am PST on February 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59pm PST on February 23, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
1. Eligibility: The 21 And Over Screening Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the San Francisco Bay Area, who are registered members of Sponsor’s site located at www.stumbleupon.com (the “Contest Site”), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Contest Period. Employees of Sponsors, RML Distribution Domestic, LLC (“RML”) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and all advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies involved in the execution of the Contest, individuals providing services to Sponsors through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest period, (the “Contest Entities”) and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household as such employees, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. To Enter: Entrant may enter the Contest by submitting an entry (“Entry”) as described below.
a. To enter online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of birth, address, phone number, StumbleUpon username and the story of your funniest memory from one of your own birthdays.
b. Enter the Contest between February 20, 2013 at 10:00am PST and February 23, 2013 at 11:59pm PST.
No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like Entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Certain prizes, as specified in the prize description, may limit the number of recipients per household.
3. Winner Selection:
A panel of StumbleUpon’s (Sponsor’s) employees will be responsible for judging entries. The entries will be judged according to the creativity (50 points out of a 100 maximum) and humor (50 points out of a 100 maximum) of the response regarding their funniest memory from one of their own birthdays. The top 50 scorers will be declared the potential winners.
Entrant’s represents and warrants that his or her Entry: (i) is original, of entrant’s own creation, (ii) has not been entered in any other competition, including other competitions conducted by Sponsor(s), and (iii) does not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties. Entrant’s Entry Idea must not be offensive or defamatory, or contain vulgar or profane language, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion the judges and the Sponsor(s).
Submission constitutes entrant’s certification that the Entry is entrant’s own original work and Entrant represents and warrants that the Entry does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. Entrant hereby grants to the Contest Entities the rights to reproduce, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any Entry, and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by entrant, in any manner without further compensation in connection with the Contest, except where prohibited by law.
Prize winners will be notified by e-mail to the address used to submit their entry and will need to immediately confirm their acceptance of the prize..
4. Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded in this from the Contest are described below.
a. Fifty (50) sets of two (2) tickets for a winner and their guest to attend a pre-release private screening of the film 21 And Over to be held at the AMC Metreon 16 Theater at 135 Fourth Street in San Francisco at 6:30pm PST on Tuesday, February 26: ARV of all prizes $1200.
No recording of any kind allowed. Subject to venue restrictions. Winner and guest can be denied admittance or asked to leave premises for violating these restrictions.
Prize does not include transportation to or from the screening. Winner must be able to provide his or her own transportation.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor(s) for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor(s) will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes.
Total value of all prizes to be awarded: USD $1,200.00.
5. Notification of Winners: Sponsor(s) will notify the Winners by e-mail within
one (1) business day of selection, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within one (1) day of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or, where applicable, an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and the next highest scorer an alternate winner will be selected as a potential winner.from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by StumbleUpon, 301 Brannan St., 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107, which is not responsible for (a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (b) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Entry materials; or (c) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities and Sponsor(s) and their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest each of their respective members, managers, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) , harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond the Contest Entities’ Sponsor(s)’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of the judges are final.
In no event will any of the Contest Entities be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Contest, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Contest Entities have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Sponsor(s) reserves the right, in its their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor(s), in its their sole discretion. Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and agrees to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor(s), which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts or state courts located in San Francisco, California.
8. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these
Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to StumbleUpon Contest (21 And Over Screening) Contest, StumbleUpon, Inc., 301 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 or (for Winner’s List only) send an email message to email@example.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and the Contest name specified in the body of the e-mail.
9. Sponsor’s Address: StumbleUpon, Inc., 301 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.