StumbleUpon employees Currin and Rishvika heat up the kitchen at Currin’s recent StumbleUpon Dinner Party.
My friends and I held a fantastic dinner party recently completely inspired by StumbleUpon: We discovered new and enticing recipes via the Explore Box that we then served up for a potluck feast.
Sound like fun? You should organize a StumbleUpon Dinner Party for you and your friends! And if you share all the details in advance with us we’ll pay for the whole thing*!
My Delicious StumbleUpon-Inspired Evening
I took the lead and decided the food theme for the potluck would be “American-Mediterranean fusion.” The steadfast rule: Each person must whip up a course he or she discovered using StumbleUpon.
Here’s how it panned out…
While Stumbling “Pasta Salad”… “Martha Stewart’s Pasta Salad with Goat Cheese and Arugula” by Kate.
Everything came together for a scrumptious and lively evening with friends!
More StumbleUpon Dinner Party Tips
Before the party, I Stumbled keywords related to “Entertaining Guests” to brush up on my gracious hosting skillz. I also Stumbled in Homemaking to conjure cleaning inspiration. I swept and dusted to an 8Track playlist titled “Music to Clean By” and covered up puppy smell with homemade Febreeze.
How To Host Your Own StumbleUpon Dinner Party
- Grab a group of willing and adventurous friends. We’d suggest 5-8 guests. If they are behind the times, be sure they create a StumbleUpon account ASAP!
- Decide on party and food themes. The sky is the limit here, but you want to ensure there’s a consistent vibe and flavor between the food, ambiance, etc. For example, our theme was “Mediterranean-American fusion,” which made the dishes complement one another.
- Assign a course to each friend. Be sure there’s an appetizer, main dish, two side dishes and a dessert. If you have enough friends you can make a salad course, a soup course and even a refreshing adult libation!
- Send your friends these instructions:
- Once on the StumbleUpon Homepage (http://www.stumbleupon.com), look for the field that says “Explore an Interest” (aka the Explore Box).
- Type ANYTHING into the Explore Box that’s related to what you want to make. Examples: dessert, American food, broccoli, cheese, salad, salmon, etc.
- Use the Stumble Button at the top left to start exploring surprising, interesting food ideas from across the web. If you see something you like, but want to keep Stumbling, just Like it. This will save it to your StumbleUpon Likes page for easy reference later.
- After Stumbling, review what you’ve Liked and decide on what you want to prepare.
- “Like” it and send me the hyperlink (either via StumbleUpon’s Stumblebar sharing panel, or via email) so I can submit it to StumbleUpon’s team.
- Finally, send us the details by filling out the form below. If your dinner party pitch is chosen, we’ll foot the bill!*
* StumbleUpon will provide an American Express Giftcard to cover all food and beverage expenses plus a stipend for extras like flowers, paper towels, tropical drink umbrellas, etc. Gift card recipients will be notified via email. Terms and conditions are subject to change.