Like most people, I have mixed feelings about making resolutions. Technically speaking, I make resolutions every few weeks, and it seems odd to only make goals once a year, especially since I’ll forget about them soon enough. Sometimes it feels like I need a resolution to make fewer resolutions!
How about this for a 2011 goal: Stumble more. Ok, ok, that may sound too simple (and might not help with that “get more sleep” resolution). But stumbling in relevant topics could introduce you to ideas and suggestions that will get you on track. Below are some of the most popular New Year’s resolutions made every year, plus great resources I found on StumbleUpon that could help you keep them.
Stumble Topics: Interior Design, Homemaking
There’s something about a new year that makes us want to organize our home, our lives…well, everything! Stumbling led me to sites that make all that sound less overwhelming:
- Declutter your home with some tips from Martha Stewart.
- Stop fighting your cables and cords. Instead, make them artistic, an idea from designer Maisie Maud Broadhead.
- Take control of your schedule with simple ideas from Zen Habits.
- Take control of your workload with the surprisingly simple yet useful Workflowy, whose slogan is “Organize Your Brain.”
(Note: You can also check out the sites on the “organization” discovery page here: www.stumbleupon.com/discover/organization. Mozilla extension users can click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the “Stumble!” button, select “Search,” and type in “organization” to stumble by tag.)
Stumble Topics: Fitness, Health
Ah, the weight loss resolution. Everyone makes it at some point, right? Stumble to get yourself on track and find resources like these:
- See where you stand with fitness calculators, including Body Mass Index (BMI), calories burned per mile run, and more.
- For ways to kick your own butt, check out these do-it-yourself bootcamp moves. (You might need some stretching after that workout.
- Don’t forget to keep your metabolism in shape too.
Stumble Topic: Personal Finance
The economy is showing signs of recovery, but saving is the new black. Here’s some sound advice:
- Learn 25 ways to cut costs.
- Keep yourself financially accountable – wherever you are – with personal finance mobile apps.
- Looking to buy a house in 2011? Read these practical tips.
Stumble Topic: Travel
Want to see more of the world this year? Stumble onto some travel inspirations:
- Discover potential adventures by reading blogs from travelers who’ve lived them, like Notes from the Road.
- Find handy top destination lists, like the 9 Most Mathematically Interesting Buildings in the World.
- Check out spectacular 360 degree panoramas, like this one of Geiranger and Aalesund in Norway.