We recently held a contest in which we invited you to submit a video that you created to StumbleUpon for a chance to receive extra traffic to that video via Paid Discovery, our marketing platform. The idea was to help our most creative users who are also talented filmmakers, animators and videographers get discovered online!
Today we are excited to announce the winners, who were selected based on a combination of ratings from our community and qualitative judging from our team of jurors. We looked for submissions that had both interesting subject matter as well as demonstrated impressive video making and editing skills. So without further ado, here are your “Get Your Video Discovered” winners:
First Place Winner: $2,000 Paid Discovery credit for 40,000 stumbles
Second Place Winners: $500 Paid Discovery credit for 10,000 stumbles
- Gary Blake from Florida for his video Alleycat, a 5-minute documentary that follows bicyclist Ben Pridgeon into the world of urban racing.
- Scott Mohrman from Chicago for this visually-rich Chicago Montage Video.
Third Place Winners: $250 Paid Discovery credit for 5,000 stumbles
- Mike Hedge from California for Every day is spectacular, an overview of a year in his life in images.
- Kimberly Korn from New York for Fred and Bob Make GrandMa’s Chicken Soup, a funny and creative “cooking” show with two hand puppets.
- Jake Steward from North Carolina for Literal Drug Commercial.
- The University of Rochester’s Yellow Jackets for their cover of Taylor Swift’s “You Belong With Me.”
Congratulations to our winners! We will contact you directly with instructions about claiming your prizes and how to use Paid Discovery to get your videos stumbled.